Question 1: How tall are you?
The answer to this WILL NOT be a surprise to anyone who knows me. The question should really be “how short are you?” because I get that a lot. I think 5’2. I recall a doctor telling me that at one point I was almost being 5’3, so sadly I may have shrunk.
Here’s a fun fact: my feet rarely touch the ground when I sit all the way back in chairs.
JUST last night we had a very tall friend over for dinner (I’m talking 6’7) and when he found out my actual height he literally made a sound like “aww how cute and precious is that?” It was a bit over the top ha.
Question 2: Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
Does creating things in the Paint program count? Because I own Paint creations for sure!
Or being super pale and “vampire-like?” I’ve got that on lock if it counts!
Let’s see, I don’t know if it’s a hidden talent, but I have the ability to be ruin surprises – without even trying to (although hats off to my mother for throwing a rad sweet 16 for me in spite of my ruiner teenage self being so stubbornly picky and demanding). I hope one day someone can actually pull off a surprise for me – I think that would be a good time.
Question 3: What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
I have more than one, so I’ll limit it to three (why 3? When I thought of limiting it to just 2 I didn’t like leaving out my 3rd thought and I also like odd numbers, so 3 it is!). Ha
- Not being able to find the “about” page. – I want to know about the person who is making me laugh or cry from a well written post and/or who is motivating me to try a new recipe, a new work out, a new book or a new craft.
- When I can’t easily find the categories list – I like to find out if they’ve blogged about anything else I care about.
- External links – I don’t like when they are broken or don’t open in a new window. It’s not as user friendly to have someone navigate from your site to see a resource you’re quoting.
Question 4: What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
LOL – again, there isn’t just one. But I will limit this to one in an effort to not break all of the rules of this post.
A lack of eye contact in conversation. I find it very telling when people don’t make eye contact and when they do.
Question 5: What’s your favorite song?
This tends to depend on the season, the year and where I am in life. Right now I’ve been playing the follow songs on repeat often:
- Elastic Heart by Sia, The Weekend & Diplo (Hunger Games Soundtrack)
- I Ain’t Leavin’ Without Your Life by the Nashville Cast
- A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
- Three More Days by Ray LaMontagne (Life as We Know it Soundtrack)
- Give Me Faith by Elevation Worship
Question 6: What’s your favorite Etsy shop that isn’t yours?
I actually don’t have one. I haven’t really jumped on the Etsy train completely; but I hope to in the future. I want to exercise my crafting nature and sell fun homemade holiday stuff like wreaths, ornaments, picture quotes, etc. One day…
Question 7: What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
Does people watching count as being alone? Because it’s one of my favorite things to do when I’m out and about running errands alone.
But when I’m actually alone and not interacting with others I like to work on my yoga moves – ha! – OK, that’s not true.
Let’s see, I actually like to work on “clearing my head.” My mind is constantly on and though I do an array of other stuff when it’s just me, I really like to be alone with my thoughts so that I can journal or pray out loud to clear my head and balance anything that’s going on. This tends to happen simultaneously when I decide to re-arrange or re-organize something in my room or the house.
Other things that get my attention while I’m alone include: reading, writing (I’m alone right now and decided finally posting this blog was a good use of having some down time), Netflix or Hulu marathons, and the occasional random drive or walk to explore new places.
Question 8: What’s your favorite junk food?
Does coffee count as junk food, because it is seriously a treat for me. But for solid snacks, I was on a pretzel kick for a while – I mean my desk drawer was rarely without a bag at the office.
But now that I’m back in the land of Utz potato chips, I would say any junk food splurges I have are usually between that brand of chip and Oreos.
Question 9: Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
Nope. I’m not really a pet person right now in life. BUT if I could have a BIG dog, I would consider becoming a pet person. Or even better, if someone could figure out a way for me to have a horse of my very own and still live in the city, that would be great!
Question 10: What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books?
Number 1? I don’t know if I would say these are my forever number one choices, but they definitely hold a special place in my heart and I could re-read these books ever year :).
Fiction – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
Nonfiction – Galatians for You by Tim Keller
Question 11: What’s your favorite beauty product?
They’re Real! Mascara by Benefit – the tester size works better than the full tube, in my opinion.
Benefit and Two-Faced are actually my favorite overall for make-up products and Glo Therapeutics are my go to for face care. The Glo line is the best thing I’ve ever used for my face and I’ve used MANY products (thanks to my good friend Emily for introducing me to this line)!
Question 12: When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
This won’t be a surprise to those who know me, but I don’t get embarrassed that often and if I am feeling embarrassed it might not be that evident. So I can’t remember a time recently when I was embarrassed; maybe when I got turned around coming home from the grocery store and it took way longer than it should have because I overestimated my knowledge of the DC grid system.
On the other hand, I could tell you of several times recently when I was embarrassed for someone else… Let’s just say that people are VERY affectionate in public places sometimes and it’s a bit ridiculous.
Question 13: If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Coffee, without a doubt.
Question 14: What’s your favorite movie?
I like variety in life, so this “just one” thing is difficult for me in this post. My favorite movie has been Dirty Dancing since I can remember, but The Italian Job is a very close second (the one with Mark Wahlberg in it).
Question 15: What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
Does none of the above count? I wouldn’t classify myself as any of the above titles. I was a dancer and I loved it. I was super involved in my church’s youth group and I loved that too.
I definitely did not run with the popular crowd or dress the part of the girls who did, but I also wasn’t completely disconnected or disliked that people bullied me or didn’t know who I was. I think I was probably somewhere in between; I’ve been a rather social person since I can remember, and that wasn’t any different in my school days (maybe someone from high school will read this post and verify if my perception was correct, or correct me by saying that I was a total nerd and unpopular person in their eyes 🙂 ).
Question 16: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Outside of USA: Germany or Ireland
Question 17: PC or Mac?
For Work: PC; mostly.
Personal and Work Testing: Mac
Question 18: Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
If someone has a crush on me they better come out with it and make this grand romantic gesture already – in other words nothing eventful has happened in this area that’s worth mentioning ;).
Question 19: Favorite celebrity?
Female: Sandra Bullock – she seems super fun to hangout with and she looks great for her age!
Male: Robert Downey Jr. – this guy is hilarious and extremely talented!
Question 20: What blogger do you secretly want be best friends with?
Katie Farrell from Dashing Dish – she just seems so sweet and fun to be around. I love how her faith is clearly the driving force behind her health habits. Her blog inspired me years ago and I haven’t forgotten that.
In addition to my dream blogger BFF above, I’m tagging the following people to do this ’20 Things You Might Not Know About Me’ Blog Tag by answering these same questions in a blog post – I’ve never communicate with some of these bloggers, so we’ll see how this goes:
1. Marla from MIPRIP: Finding Joy – She is one of my closest friends from college – We’ve known one another for about 10 years and have remained good friends even with living in different time zones, states and countries during that time – I love her so much. Her blog is full of valuable resources, encouragement for women and insight about real life experiences.
2. Michelle from The Lucky Penny Blog – Let me start out by saying, this woman can cook! I had the privilege of being on the same team with her at work for a little over a year and I love this lady. I am still honored to work for the same company and collaborate with her from time to time. Her blog is full of fun, healthy and easy to make recipes – several of which I tried first hand from her kitchen last year!
3. Ann Voskamp from A Holy Experience Blog – She may never see this, but that’s ok. Ann is an author of a great book called “One Thousand Gifts” and she has this great blog. I really enjoy her unique writing style and truly appreciate the wisdom she shares in her posts. I also had the opportunity to hear her speak at the Women of Faith conference last year in Anaheim, CA. It was awesome.
4. Jillian from Refashionista – She’s another one who probably won’t ever see this, but I would love to meet her one day. She is spunky and creative and FUN! I really support her cause and why she started her blog in the first place – to not be wasteful, but to take old clothing and make it new. I like that message and she is quite witty with her posts as she shows you what she’s reinvented. I’m hoping to make a “refash” of my own soon.
5. Ashley from Southern (California) Belle – Let’s start with this: we have a mutual love for ModCloth.com and she has pink hair. That could be “enough said,” but I’ll share a little more about her. She is married to one of my co-workers, so we’ve met like once or twice at company parties, but I don’t really know her personally. But I think she seems like such a fun person to be friends with – plus she has great style and I secretly wish I could be as fashionable as she is.
* This blog post is a part of the ’20 Things You Might Not Know About Me’ Blog Tag started by April from Blacksburg Belle. She began this blog tag experiment to build community among creatives, help us bloggers to connect more and get to know each other better. This month’s topic is all about sharing just a little too much information about yourself. If you’d like to participate or want more info, check out the beginning post right here.